The Museo Casorella, which was inaugurated last spring, offers an educational itinerary to discover the Art Collections of the City of Locarno, mainly the “Galassia Arp” and the Filippo Franzoni’s paintings.
During this activity, the children will have the opportunity to take a journey into art history and to live the artistic expression – in this case, that of Jean Arp – of the abstract artist and Filippo Franzoni, both as an educational experience and a stimulus for new visions that foster personal growth and communication.
The path will include sensory and aesthetic experiences. The groups will also have the opportunity to participate in a laboratory of their choice between two different proposals.
The educational path for kindergartens and primary schools
- Sensory education, that is the ability to feel, expand, and amplify the use of the senses and emotions in the perception of the world and ourselves, a kind of education that develops sensibility.
- Transformation of the visit into an experience by following what the artists want us to feel.
- A path that can give emotions.
- An active and vital relationship with the artwork.
The educational path for secondary schools
- Art becomes an educational experience that can reveal new visions.
- Broaden and facilitate communication.
- Export the knowledge acquired into everyday life.
- Foster inner research and personal growth.
- Establish a connection between school and museum as a source of enrichment.
Sensitizing young adults through careful and participatory observation requires some essential steps:
- What is the theme represented?
- There are links with the artwork of other artists.
- What technique was used, how the materials present in the work were used.
- The emotion it makes us feel.
- The reflections that derive from analytic observation.